Who we are
We are a group of individuals who are passionate about protecting Burns Bog - while having a little fun along the way!
What is Burns Bog?
Burns Bog is…
- The largest undeveloped urban wilderness in North America
- The largest raised peat bog on the West Coast of North America
- A globally unique ecosystem
- Part of the South Fraser Delta Ramsar Site
- “The Lungs of the Lower Mainland”
- A vital stopover for migratory birds: over 400 species!
- Home to rare and endangered species
All proceeds from the outdoor escape series go towards the Burns Bog Conservation Society
What is the Burns Bog Conservation Society?
The Burns Bog Conservation Society is an organization dedicated to the preservation and conservation of Burns Bog in Delta, BC. We educate by providing tours, day camps, workshops, and publishing books and other teaching materials for all ages about peatlands, Burns Bog and its impact on air quality in Greater Vancouver.
We built a system of boardwalks in the Delta Nature Reserve to protect the sensitive environment, while allowing public access to the periphery of Burns Bog.
The Burns Bog Conservation Society (with the support of the Foundation), organizes a number of popular events annually that attract people from Delta and surrounding South Fraser communities. We continue to build capacity to provide innovative programming that will interest and engage people of all ages to interact with our natural environment and invest in sustainability.
Sign up to get updates from the Burns Bog Conservation Society and receive news about upcoming outdoor escape events